Sunroom is the most sunlit place around the house you can imagine. This fact can be a benefit as well as a source of problems. For instance, when it’s hot, the room is heating inside, house plants suffer from direct sunlight, light from the street disturbs at night. This is the reason why all kinds of sunroom window coverings play such an important role there. Let’s dive into this deeper.
Types of Shades for Sunroom
No doubt, it is the most popular type of shades for sunroom windows. The most convenient way of fixing them is one piece for one window separately. It makes the opening of the window possible.
These sunporch blinds are very easy to take care of – you have just to dust them off with a wet cloth to keep them clean. Also, they allow regulating the amount of light coming inside quite precisely. Some models of these four seasons sunroom shades are equipped with perforated lamels in order to increase the translucency of closed blinds.
Two-layered window treatment photo
As a rule, it is the most budget variant of sunroom shades and blinds. They are usually manufactured in one or two pieces. You can not only hide from the sun but also regulate the level of lighting by turning the lamels at different angles.
There are several kinds of mechanisms in insulating vertical blinds. The stripes can move to one side or to both sides from the center. Also, they can be represented in different fabrics, from simple to exclusive ones, or several kinds combined. An interesting texture or photo-offset printing is possible as well.
Remember that this construction is often fixed on the ceiling, so check the possibility for it. As an addition, you may purchase magnetic clamps and easily attach them to the lower edge.
Custom vertical blinds Lowe’s
Perhaps, the most original type of window treatment for the sunroom is honeycomb (or cellular) shades. They create an unusual effect when used as curved window blinds. Their appearance is harmonica-like, so they gather in pleats when folding and straighten when unfolding. The shades are fixed with the help of ropes and can be moved along the window. So, you may close only the top, the bottom, or the middle part of the window.
There is a variation called «day-and-night» that consists of two sheets with different translucency. One is for the day, the other is for the night. To regulate the intensity you should fold one side of blinds for sunroom and unfold the other.
Honeycomb blinds Lowe’s
This kind of window coverings for sunroom looks neat and compact. They are made in the form of a textile sheet that is rolled around the cylinder fixed in the upper part of the window. Roller shades have several variations. The first one is when only the top of the sheet is fixed, but the sides and the bottom are free. Another one implies that the sheet is fixed and moves up and down by special rails. These sunroom window shades are so-called cassette type shades.
The material of dense texture covered with water-repellent and dustproof agents is usually used for the shades. When folded the construction takes very little space and almost invisible.
Window treatment photo
What Window Treatments for Sunroom to choose from?
With so many styles, colors, fabrics, and designs available, how do you choose the best option for your sunroom? Consider the following before making a purchase:
- The side on which the window is situated. First of all, while choosing your best blinds for sunroom, keep in mind the practical aspect. If the room is faced to the south side, materials with minimal translucency are a must (aluminum, wood, dense textures). In summer half-closed sunroom blinds or curtains of dense textures will bring shadow and coolness.
Vertical blinds are able to fully shade the northern room, so you’d better opt for more lightweight materials. In case you are a fan of flowers with a broad window sill to serve the purpose, horizontal blinds or roller shades are a perfect option.
5 Vertical blinds with replacement slats Lowe’s
Vertical blinds with replacement slats Lowe’s
- Way of opening the window. Must-have for casement of a sash window is sunroom window treatments that are attached not on the window, but on the wall or ceiling. Note that any chosen treatments should not be an obstacle to opening the window. Casement window wings are better to complement with compact forms of sunroom blinds.
Vertical blinds Lowe’s
- The common style of the room. The general rule is to remember that the window is a part of the whole and it should not stay out of a common style. The color and pattern of the treatment is expected to be in a dialogue with the inner surfaces and furniture. It is not recommended to use dark colors as sunroom window treatment ideas: grey, navy blue, brown, purple. They visually reduce the space and make it heavy and oppressive. Besides, when it’s hot, these colors easily attract sunlight and accumulate it. It will make the room stuffy.
The unusual and original variants are bamboo, jute, and wooden models. They look very authentic in the interiors in Japanese, Chinese style, and ethnic or country. In an environment that looks more standard, they are not so appropriate.
- Size of the windows. The larger your room is, the more you can afford. The blinds for sunroom windows can be of bright tones, combine different materials or textures, or be decorated with photo-offset printing. You still have plenty of space. A popular option for a big room is full-length vertical blinds. They can reach a height of 6 meters and look impressive on panoramic windows.
If you are space-restricted, you are not so open to experiments, but there is always a solution. The rule of a thumb is not to make a small room even smaller visually. Choose compact horizontal blinds or roller shades. All of these options require a minimum of space, can be fixed right on the frame of a window, and allow to open the window without obstruction.
Motorized vertical blinds Lowe’s
- The desirable degree of isolation. Honeycomb shades are optimal sunroom window coverings in a situation when your apartment is located in an area that gets a lot of outside traffic and noise from the street. Take into account that such shades isolate the room not only from the sunlight but also from noise. Pay attention to the model that opens from top to bottom and bottom to top, especially in case you have an unobstructed view of the sky through the upper region of the window. Vertical blinds is the most open type, it is suitable for those who want to be protected yet keep the connection with space outside.
Window treatment photo
When the sunroom window coverings are chosen right, it instantly transforms the look of the whole room. Anyway, we wish you well in this intricate process and let us mention the conclusion that one of the possible places to buy the treatments of your dreams is Lowe’s. There you’ll find window decorations of any kind and will be able to select the right color and texture.
Window treatment photo