A ceiling in a room is one of the key elements of its design and requires as much focus as any other aspect in a room. In many people’s lives, a bedroom ceiling is the first thing they see when they wake up or go to sleep, so it is only natural that they don’t want it to look ugly. Thus, various designers have come up with original solutions on how to make an original room ceiling design. With various options listed below, you will make a ceiling for the bedroom of your dreams!
- Color of the Ceiling: probably one of the most basic of room ceiling ideas, yet important thing while decorating a ceiling is its color. It can harmonically have the same color pallet as the rest of the room or it can stay in contrast to it. The most usual solution among decorators is to paint the ceiling in light, pastel color, although sometimes bolder designers paint their ceilings in bright colors.
Size of the Room: one of the paramount aspects when making a room ceiling design is the shape and size of a room. Some designs may fit perfectly with one room shape, while at the same time being incredibly ugly and unfitting with other room shapes.
- If a room is rectangular in shape, then an incredible idea for a wall ceiling design for bedroom can be layering it into 2 different overlapping pieces that have dim lights near the places where the ceiling meets the wall and a bright light in the center, usually also accompanied with a candelabrum.
- If the room that needs decoration is in an attic, then it would be a great ceiling design bedroom idea to decorate its ceiling with blocks of wood or marble. Thus, the room will appear bigger than it actually is, while its checkered nature allows ceiling ventilation.
Symmetry: while making a ceiling design for a bedroom, it is important to keep in mind the looks of the floor, so that they can harmonize with each other. For example, in a room with a bed being situated in the center, you can break down the ceiling into different symmetric segments.
- If a ceiling of a room is made of gypsum, it allows a room to appear more brightly lit, due to the light reflecting from this room sealing design.
- You can create false roofs with different geometric designs to give your room a modern and unique look. A good idea would be to plant dim lights on the edges of the POP shape and a bright light in the center. You may even add a ceiling fan on top of that. It is probably one of the most modern and customizable ceiling design ideas.
- Another good idea would be to add and honeycomb-like pattern design of simple repeating shapes. Thus, much like with any pattern designs, your room will appear much bigger than it actually is. If a bed in a room is roundly shaped, then it would be a great creative idea for your ceiling design for bedroom shape the ceiling after it by making a false ceiling shaped after the bed right above the bed. It adds some contrast to the design and will give the wall ceiling design for bedroom a modern, symmetric look and will surely impress your friends.
- IV) In our four ceiling design, we will use the Plaster of Paris. Plaster of Paris (or POP for short), also known as gypsum plaster, is a building material used to coat and decorate various surfaces, such as walls and ceilings, and can be used to create different decorative elements, if needed. As our four ceiling design, it is also one of the most customizable variants listed. It can be shaped like clay, thus giving it a large variety of uses while decorating your ceiling for the bedroom, some of which are listed below.
A very interesting and original idea for your bedroom ceiling would be to add a sort of stained glass window element to it. Its color and structure may vary greatly, for example, it can make your bedroom ceiling design resemble window designs of churches. Unlike the abovementioned four ceiling designs for bedrooms, this one may prove to be challenging to implement, maintain, and customize.
Probably one of the most interesting bedroom ceiling ideas: you can add a map of stars onto your ceiling to give it a creative look and brighten up your mood while you fall asleep. This can be done in a variety of ways, with the star map being the main lighting of a room or a dim phosphorescent glow that will make your ceiling bedroom cozy at night.
If you want to add a regal look to your bedroom ceiling, you can try to symmetrically place hanging lights on both sides of the bed, while also painting the ceiling in darker colors. Another interesting bedroom ceiling design would be to add and a ceiling fan above the center of a bed.
As one of the interesting ceiling designs bedroom, you can give your room a more «royal» look by giving it a concave cut and adding a candelabra. If you make that in harmony with the other décor of the room, you will surely impress your guests with this creative room
- ceiling design.
More interesting false ceiling designs can be found in this video