Imagine that you have to choose between a hot tub and a Jacuzzi. What is the difference between Hot Tub and Jacuzzi? What are the advantages of a hot tub and Jacuzzi? In fact, it will be difficult to choose between such two positions. How can I find a hot tub definition? And what is a Jacuzzi definition? It was even a fight Jacuzzi vs. Hot Tub but in this article, we will know all the truth about such confrontation. Some people mistakenly believe that all hot tubs are Jacuzzi but it is certainly not the case. In fact, the Jacuzzi is only a brand in the market of hydro massage baths. Why the Jacuzzi has become a household name, and what is the difference between a Jacuzzi and a Spa, you will learn today in this article.
What’s the difference between a Hot tub and a Jacuzzi – this question concerns many who decided to buy a bath. But in fact, there is no difference between a Jacuzzi and a hot tub.
The Jacuzzi brothers invented a hitherto unknown hydrotherapy jet in 1956 and after creating a large number of hot tubs and bathroom products, the Jacuzzi became a brand. Years later, the name of the hot tub brand became synonymous with the term hot tub. Sometimes the name of the very first device produced in the world and certainly the original one becomes a household name. This happens because a particular brand was the first in a particular area and managed to win universal approval, and other brands earned fame a little later when the original brand name became a household name. The same thing happens when people call a copy machine “Xerox” although they have a completely different brand. The same thing happened with Vaseline, Dictaphone, thermos, and many other companies.
Where did the brand come from and how was it created
Why did the Jacuzzi become a household name? In fact, some experts believe that at the moment the Jacuzzi is not the most popular brand. But why and how exactly did the Jacuzzi become synonymous with hot baths and what is a Jacuzzi?
Initially, Jacuzzis did not even produce baths: they were engaged in the production of wooden propellers in 1915. But at some point, the lives of two Jacuzzi brothers from America turned upside down. This happened at a time when they decided to take up the development and production of aircraft in the distant 1940s and 50s. When testing one of their planes, one of the brothers was killed and they decided not to continue working on the aircraft. Interesting fact: the surname Jacuzzi is actually Italian and in the original, it is read differently, and Jacuzzi is only an interpretation of the American pronunciation. In 1956 the idea was developed to treat arthritics of one of the family members using the first prototype of modern Jacuzzis – a hydrotherapy pump.
The brother’s portable Jacuzzi pump gave their business hope of survival. And in addition, gave rise to the Jacuzzi industry. No one had ever done this before. Yes, hydrotherapy has always existed in one form or another, but it was in this form that it appeared for the first time and almost immediately won the hearts of progressive people of that time.
The Jacuzzi brothers started advertising the world’s first hot tubs in 1968. Using innovative hydrotherapy technologies, manufacturers were able to attract so much interest in fitness, a healthy lifestyle, and recreation American consumers. In the 1970s, the Jacuzzi had its own water heating and even filtration systems, which marked the first hot tub.
The Jacuzzi expanded its range of clients, making its way to the UK and other European countries. In addition to Jacuzzis and hot tubs, they also continued to produce shower cabins, plumbing fixtures, and general products of all bathrooms. So, it’s not surprising that Jacuzzi became a household name, as it continued to expand its product line and innovate. That is when now “Jacuzzi” and “hot tub” are synonymous.
A short story about the evolution of hot baths.
Even in the 1950s, people filled barrels with hot water and used them as baths. They found a way to keep the water from escaping from the barrels. Such structures could accommodate up to 30 people! It is a kind of old Jacuzzi hot tub models.
Around this time, concrete hot tubs appeared, but they were intended for a narrower circle of people – family or friends. These baths were located next to underground pools. They were more expensive and more difficult to maintain than simple wooden barrels.
Thus, in the 1950s, the first hydrotherapy pump appeared, which served as a prototype for the Jacuzzi that appeared in 1968. Now it is almost impossible to find classic wooden hot tubs. Modern manufacturers make baths from acrylic because it is much cheaper, faster, and more durable. So, a modern hot tub can be much convenient in using.
Modern hot tubs are very different from the first one. Now they have not only heating and filtration, but you can also install various underwater lights, fountains, various settings of jets, and even a pillow under your neck! Modern hot tubs are almost a mandatory attribute for every home.
What about Spas?
Speaking of Jacuzzis and hot tubs, you can’t miss out on spas. It would be wrong to call spas something like hot tubs because this is a completely different thing. Unlike mobile hot tubs, spas are usually located exclusively in one place. There was a misunderstanding about whirlpool vs. Jacuzzi but it’s done. In fact, the whirlpool hot tub is a Jacuzzi.
In addition, the hot tubs have their own system with injectors, as well as their own heating and filtration of water. Usually, a Spa is a room, or a pool built into the ground, while hot tubs are completely portable and self-contained.
What are the advantages of hydrotherapy?
In folk medicine, the use of water for medicinal purposes has been practiced for centuries, but for some reason, hot tubs are still a luxury item. But still, for some people, having a hot bath is necessary because they are looking after their health.
Hydrotherapy is a great way to get rid of pain, aches, and other unpleasant sensations in the muscles and joints. In some cases, hydrotherapy is used in the form of water jets of contrasting temperatures to accelerate the body’s stress. Some people prefer relaxing hot baths, while others prefer refreshing cool treatments. Everything is purely individual. Hydrotherapy is not only taking baths, it also includes swimming pools, saunas, thermal baths, and so on.
Sometimes typical essential oils or bath salts are used for hydrotherapy. This contributes to even more relaxation.
If you are still in doubt about buying a hot tub, below is a list of its advantages.
1) Reduces muscle tension and pain. Training people are familiar with the feeling of excessively “clogged” muscles after training and pain in them on the next day. The feeling of weightlessness in the water allows the muscles to relax and eliminate pain. A hot bath also improves your blood flow by slightly increasing your body temperature.
2) Due to improved blood flow, the immune system is strengthened, and it’s also really important in the pandemic situation. Because of the improved blood flow, the flow of lymph is accelerated, which is responsible for working with bacteria inside the body and helps it to fight viruses. A strong immune system allows you to fight not only more severe diseases but also seasonal diseases such as colds and flu.
3) Relieves stress and relaxes the mind. And this is very, very important in the conditions of life in a big city, where there are stress and bustle around, which makes you feel exhausted. Each people in the world can feel exhausted after a hard workday, also alcohol, smoking, and other bad habits can make your mental strength pretty much worse. There is nothing better than taking a hot bath after a hard day, letting the water jets massage you. It is also known that a hot bath promotes the production of endorphins, so next time feel free to take a book or your favorite TV series, a Cup of your favorite drink, and go to restore your moral strength.
Are there any other benefits of hot baths?
If you read the previous paragraph and thought that hot tubs are created only for medicinal purposes, then we dare to dissuade you. This is far from the case. In addition to therapeutic purposes, hot baths have other advantages. If you still need more reasons to buy a hot tub like this, then read the following reasons. Here are some additional benefits of having a hot tub at home.
- Among other things, all the useful functions of hot tubs also perform an aesthetic function. No matter where it will be located: indoors or outside, such a hot tub will in any case decorate the interior and make it visually more pleasant. In addition, such a bath at the first glance at the room in which it is located will take all the attention of the person looking at it, which will hide some unpleasant moments of your bath like a mess or unfinished repairs.
- In addition to the aesthetics that such a bath will give to your home, you have the right to arrange it in accordance with your wishes and preferences. You can create an extremely cozy space in just a few movements, using a similar bath as a basis. Also, this bath can be suitable for parties like Halloween or Christmas. And the moral attitude to the subject plays one of the primary roles because you buy such a bath for more than one year.
- A great place to organize parties or romantic evenings with your significant other. Such a hot tub is an ideal choice. In addition, a party using such a hot tub will cost much less than going to a bar, restaurant, or water Park. You can prepare your favorite food, bring your favorite drinks, and invite your friends. What’s not a reason to celebrate someone’s birthday? Also, such baths can have built-in drink holders and speakers, which again allows you to hold parties in them. In addition, the area of such a hot tub h allows you to decorate it for various holidays, such as Halloween or Christmas. Thus, the hot tub can participate in the decoration of the apartment, without remaining a white spot around the colorful decorations. Don’t forget about Instagram photos! The dissolving lush bomb in the swirling water will look especially aesthetically pleasing and charming.
- Such a hot tub will undoubtedly help strengthen ties with relatives. If you don’t see much of your family, then you can all relax together in this hot tub without leaving your home. In the cold winter, it is especially pleasant and cozy, and also brings relatives together. Of course, you can take a hot tub together with your spouse, or play water games with your children. What if you spend a few hours with the whole family in the water, leaving your gadgets at the other end of the apartment and enjoying communication with your relatives? After all, we see so little of them on weekdays because of the constant bustle and a million different activities. In the modern world, it is especially important to allocate a few hours for the family, and this bath will be the perfect helper in this.
- Taking a regular hot tub improves mental health and well-being. Modern people feel burned out and depressed more and more often, and such a hot tub will help them cope with these unpleasant sensations and avoid mental illness in the future. Turn on nice calm music, maybe it will be classics or mantras, add a relaxing hot tub salt with a pleasant aroma, or your favorite bomb and enjoy the warm water in the hot tub. After such a session of hydro massage, you will not only feel calm and rested, but also full of energy for further work. A little time for relaxation, meditation, and rest is important for everyone at least once a week. It’s hard for all of us to live in this frenzied rhythm of the stone jungle, right?